Sunday, February 26, 2017

Book 19: Getting Things Done

This is my second time reading this edition of Getting Things Done by David Allen.  Although the book is geared toward the working environment, I find that it applies equally as well in the home.  Since I have several projects currently going on, I mainly focused on the sections related to projects although I reread the rest to glean new tips to help improve my current system.


I experimented around with several mediums last year try to figure out what worked best.  I tried using paper lists but honestly felt a little guilty about the amount of paper I was using.  I switched to post-it notes until I lost a note or two.  Next I attempted using a whiteboard instead, and it worked quite well until someone erased it.  I still use whiteboards for dinner menus, grocery lists, or handing to a kid who I need to complete more than one task, but finally I decided I should go digital.  So for 2017 I'm using my Kindle fire to maintain my calendar and lists with a free list program called Simple Lists.  I'm still tweaking what categories work best for me, but so far it's working quite well although it will take a few weeks to capture everything.


For an overview of the main part of the program see my previous review.


Again I highly recommend this book.









No comments:

Post a Comment