Monday, July 21, 2014

Book 35: The Colossus Rises

The Colossus Rises by Lerangis is the first book in the Seven Wonders series which I picked up to preread as a possibility for my picky 10 yob, who has finished reading the Percy Jackson series. Jack McKinley has grown up as an ordinary boy until one day he collapses in the middle of the street and is whisked away to a strange island hospital run by Professor Bhegad. He is told that he and the other three kids at the hospital have a genetic trait inherited from a prince of the lost city of Atlantis which will kill him in six months. The only chance for a cure lies in finding seven magic Loculi stolen long ago before the fall into the wrong hands and returning them to their original location which is also currently unknown.

An interesting premise, I enjoyed the first book enough to give the next two currently available in the series, but I haven't decided if I'll pass them on to the kids yet. I would say the books are appropriate for ages 10 and up.

No comments:

Post a Comment