Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Book 4: Secrets of an Organized Mom

Secrets of an Organized Mom by Reich is a room by room approach to organizing the entire house. She uses a basic 4 step system of purging, designing, organizing, and maintaining combined with some simple common sense rules like storing like things together and storing items where they are used. In each chapter she explains how to apply these rules to the room being discussed, covers the basics of what is actually needed for that area, and provides examples of items that her clients have been hanging onto that should be purged.

I would recommend the book to anyone that needs an extra little push to remove items that are unloved, unneeded, or overstocked. I found her lists of basic supplies needed in each area to be a good starting point when considering which items can be purged. She does encourage having all the same hangers or all the same containers, and I personally don't think that is necessary. Nor do I wish to switch to having all of my financial statements delivered electronically because I am horrible at remembering to look at them online. Still, I consider it a worthwhile read and a good motivator to pare down the excess items in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment