Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Challenges for a New Year

Most of the challenges I set for myself will be either monthly or weekly or keep from being overwhelmed, but I am going to try a couple of year long challenges both related to reading.

Challenge 1:  Read through the entire Bible.  Since I have had little success reading chronologically over the past two years from getting bogged down early on in Job or Leviticus, I decided to dig into my shelves and unearth The One Year Bible in ESV which contains daily readings from the Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms, and Proverbs.  I'm hopeful that the added variety will make the endeavor both more enjoyable and more successful.

Challenge 2:  52 books in 52 weeks  I have tried this challenge for the past two year unsuccessfully, but it has been a great way to slowly increase the amount of reading that I do.  I'm hopeful that this year I can at least improve on my total and finish more than 26 books.

No comments:

Post a Comment